After another year of near misses in the…
Rickie Fowler Wins Best-Mannered Person of 2017
Rickie Fowler beat David Beckham and Meghan Markle to win NLJC’s ‘Best-Mannered Person of 2017’ award.
Rickie Fowler Wins Best-Mannered Person of 2017
The world number seven’s great manners have been formally recognised as he placed ahead of David Beckham and Meghan Markle to top the National League of Junior Collitons’ list of ‘Ten Best-Mannered People’ for 2017.
The list is made up from the votes of students and directors in over 100 Junior Colliton chapters from all over America, the “overwhelming” majority of whom picked out Fowler as this last year’s most well-mannered public figure.
Speaking on the appointment of Fowler as NLJC’s number one role model, the group’s president, Charles Winters, explained “Both our students and directors felt he has consistently demonstrated well-mannered conduct as an athlete and role model.
“We hope his selection serves as a reminder to all athletes that today’s youth notice when they treat others with respect and demonstrate good character.”
Fowler has long had a reputation for good behaviour on the PGA Tour but it’s his attitude to his fans that has really captured the public’s hearts.
In August 2017, the best-mannered man of the year surprised an enthusiastic young man by spontaneously offering the boy and his family tickets to come see him live at the The Northern Trust.
Rickie Fowler Targetting Major In 2018
Rickie Fowler Golf Swing Tips
In this exclusive feature, Golf Monthly Top 25…
4 Things You Can Learn From Watching Rickie Fowler
And then later in the year he flew to Atlanta to play golf with a man battling pancreatic cancer, Dr Reyes, whom the 29-year-old would also dedicated his Hero World Challenge win after he sadly passed away just before the tournament.
With a history of such selfless actions as these, it’s no surprise Fowler came top in the list.
Another golfer who made the top-10 was Matt Kuchar, who was voted the 9th best-mannered person of the year for the grace with which he handled his disappointing Open loss to Jordan Speith.
“Anyone can [be gracious] in victory, but we believe it takes true discipline and character to demonstrate grace in defeat,” Winters said.
Though no other golfers made the 2017 list, Rory Mcilroy finished 7th in 2016.
The full list is reproduced below:
NJCL’S Ten Best-Mannered People of 2017:
1. Rickie Fowler – for always conducting himself with politeness both on and off the course.
2. Aly Raisman – for the bravery and courage with which she came forward as a victim of abuse.
3. Deshaun Watson – for the liberal donations he gave to victims of Hurricane Harvey and for publicly apologising after an incident of less-than-brilliant conduct.
4. Joanna Gaines – for the kindness with which she has treated fans, family, and TV audiences
5. Sadie Robertson – for her authenticity and dignity.
6. David Beckham – for helping children worldwide through his support of UNICEF and the 7 Fund.
7. Selena Gomez – for still being a good role model despite growing up with the pressures of the public spotlight.
8. Thomas Rhett – for the family-friendly values of his music
9. Matt Kuchar – for handling both victory and defeat with grace and dignity
10. Meghan Markle – for coping with the pressures of her recent appointment as a member of the royal family with grace.
Follow Golf Monthly on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Hi! Please Bear In Mind To SUCH AS! SHARE! as well as COMMENT! Please view this THIS connect to See The Contribution Web page and The Different Sponsorship Opportunities Available. And I Offer You Numerous Points In Return! Simply Click FOR MORE INFORMATION Currently.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- America’s father Barack Obama went playing golf in Scotland Barack Obama plays a round of golf at the Old Course on May 26, 2017.
- Due to the fact that even he understands the sport is hard, expert golf player’s boy cheats at golf ‘s two-and-a-half-year-old child Will understands the sensation. His mommy is an expert golf enthusiast and he simply … does not get it. His sensations get the finest of him while putting on the green.
- Some heroes do not use capes, salute! Captain Golf Nips
- Big alligator consumes its lunch right on a golf course Golf players at the Sandhill Crane Golf Course in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida got a little additional program while on the green on Saturday. The course’s resident alligator chose to have its lunch right on the course for all to see. “Get your photo and get out of here, David,”stated Mack’s not impressed dad. Golf enthusiasts at the Sandhill Crane Golf Course in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida got a little additional program while on the green on Saturday. The course’s resident alligator chose to have its lunch right on the course for all to see. “Get your photo and get out of here, David,”stated Mack’s not impressed dad.
- New House costs would end Trumps taxpayer-funded golf journeys The objective of the short article was to notify the public about where the President has actually been hosting world leaders, it reacted at the time. The objective of the short article was to notify the public about where the President has actually been hosting world leaders, it reacted at the time.