After another year of near misses in the…
Rickie Fowler Wins Best-Mannered Person of 2017
Rickie Fowler beat David Beckham and Meghan Markle to win NLJC’s ‘Best-Mannered Person of 2017’ award.
Rickie Fowler Wins Best-Mannered Person of 2017
The world number seven’s great manners have been formally recognised as he placed ahead of David Beckham and Meghan Markle to top the National League of Junior Collitons’ list of ‘Ten Best-Mannered People’ for 2017.
The list is made up from the votes of students and directors in over 100 Junior Colliton chapters from all over America, the “overwhelming” majority of whom picked out Fowler as this last year’s most well-mannered public figure.
Speaking on the appointment of Fowler as NLJC’s number one role model, the group’s president, Charles Winters, explained “Both our students and directors felt he has consistently demonstrated well-mannered conduct as an athlete and role model.
“We hope his selection serves as a reminder to all athletes that today’s youth notice when they treat others with respect and demonstrate good character.”
Fowler has long had a reputation for good behaviour on the PGA Tour but it’s his attitude to his fans that has really captured the public’s hearts.
In August 2017, the best-mannered man of the year surprised an enthusiastic young man by spontaneously offering the boy and his family tickets to come see him live at the The Northern Trust.
Rickie Fowler Targetting Major In 2018
Rickie Fowler Golf Swing Tips
In this exclusive feature, Golf Monthly Top 25…
4 Things You Can Learn From Watching Rickie Fowler
And then later in the year he flew to Atlanta to play golf with a man battling pancreatic cancer, Dr Reyes, whom the 29-year-old would also dedicated his Hero World Challenge win after he sadly passed away just before the tournament.
With a history of such selfless actions as these, it’s no surprise Fowler came top in the list.
Another golfer who made the top-10 was Matt Kuchar, who was voted the 9th best-mannered person of the year for the grace with which he handled his disappointing Open loss to Jordan Speith.
“Anyone can [be gracious] in victory, but we believe it takes true discipline and character to demonstrate grace in defeat,” Winters said.
Though no other golfers made the 2017 list, Rory Mcilroy finished 7th in 2016.
The full list is reproduced below:
NJCL’S Ten Best-Mannered People of 2017:
1. Rickie Fowler – for always conducting himself with politeness both on and off the course.
2. Aly Raisman – for the bravery and courage with which she came forward as a victim of abuse.
3. Deshaun Watson – for the liberal donations he gave to victims of Hurricane Harvey and for publicly apologising after an incident of less-than-brilliant conduct.
4. Joanna Gaines – for the kindness with which she has treated fans, family, and TV audiences
5. Sadie Robertson – for her authenticity and dignity.
6. David Beckham – for helping children worldwide through his support of UNICEF and the 7 Fund.
7. Selena Gomez – for still being a good role model despite growing up with the pressures of the public spotlight.
8. Thomas Rhett – for the family-friendly values of his music
9. Matt Kuchar – for handling both victory and defeat with grace and dignity
10. Meghan Markle – for coping with the pressures of her recent appointment as a member of the royal family with grace.
Follow Golf Monthly on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Hi! Please Bear In Mind To SUCH AS! SHARE! as well as COMMENT! Please view this THIS connect to See The Contribution Web page and The Different Sponsorship Opportunities Available. And I Offer You Numerous Points In Return! Simply Click FOR MORE INFORMATION Currently.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Trump’s assistants do not wish to confess the President is playing golf 170216124112-trump-points-hat-super-169.jpg” West Palm Beach(CNN)President Donald Trump has actually made visiting his Florida golf courses a near every-weekend routine in the very first month of his administration, and his assistants are attempting to obscure whether Trump is really playing golf throughout the visits.One possible factor: Trump was a singing and regular critic of President Barack Obama’s golf practice, routinely knocking the previous president for playing golf with numerous pushing concerns prior to the nation.– Trump International Golf Course in West Palm Beach and Trump National Golf Course in Jupiter– 6 times in his very first month in workplace. Aides would not validate that Trump played golf each time, however through a series of social media posts and interviews with the expert golf players who joined him, it is clear the President golfed throughout many of these sees. Obama apparently played 306 rounds of golf in workplace, a far cry from the approximated 1,200 rounds Woodrow Wilson played as president.But Trump made Obama’s golf a staple of his 2016 review of the President.
- Dustin Johnson takes location of Jason Day as golf’s world No1 after win in LA .
- PGA Tour taps Intel innovation to drive golf into virtual truth
- ‘Extremely dissatisfied’ Tiger Woods takes out of 2 PGA occasions with injury
- Tiger Woods’ return goes off course