Golf Bag Buying Tips
Golf Bag Buying Tips
A golf bag is an essential equipment that one uses to transport all golf accessories such as golf balls, golf clubs, markers, tees and even umbrellas and towels.
Golf bags have no influence whatsoever on the result of the game, however, they can greatly affect the players game by way of offering comfort as the player makes his round through the course.
As to how much load in your gear you are carrying and if you are carrying the bag by yourself or using a golf cart or the help of a caddie, can help you decide which bag is for you.
When planning on riding the golf cart on your rounds, then whether the bag is heavy or not does not matter. But if your plan is to walk, then a lighter bag that will be carried along easily is essential.
Types of golf bags:
1. Staff bags. These are the largest types of golf bags. They can accommodate a complete fourteen set of golf clubs and typically have many side pockets for other golf tools and equipment that one wishes to take along. Almost all professional golfers prefer the staff bags as they can hold a lot of equipment and since their caddy carries the bag for them, weight is never a problem.
A good staff bag is one made of quality leather or materials that are of high quality and are expensive.
2. Cart Bags. Are a lot smaller in size compared to staff bags, but are comparatively bulky and unmanageable for the golfer alone, without the caddy’s help. These bags are constructed for use on golf carts; they have lesser pockets and storage capacity.
3. Carry Bags. The smallest type, and are basically made from plastic, nylon and other materials. As these bags are constructed to accommodate the essentials such as the golf clubs, a few small golf accessories and balls they are the right choice for the golfer who favors to carry his own bag.
Choosing the right bag for you
1. Take into account the price and your budget. How much you can afford can determine what kind of bag as well as what materials they are made of; the more expensive it is, the more complex the features of the bag. Keep in mind however, that the bag is not used directly in your game; golf shoes, clubs and balls are more significant than the bag.
2. Features. Know what type of features you need in your bag and what equipment you need to put in the bag. You might consider a bag that can stand alone to make it easier to take out your golf clubs during your game. You might also consider bringing an umbrella along, so you need a bag with a slot for your umbrella. However, if you are the type to carry only the basic gears, then you might want to consider a simple and light bag that can accommodate just the basics.